Monday, June 2, 2008

It's Those Little Things....

The other day I was in the middle of an enormous project while the clock loomed toward the dinner hour. Mumbling under my breath, I bemoaned the fact that 'normal' people can simply call for a pizza to be delivered to the hungering inhabitants of their home. Me? Oh, not so easy now! Poor me, I have to actually figure out a meal and make it!

But then the thought struck me: You moron! You live in America! To my knowledge, most folks in Cambodia cannot simply pick up the phone and call for pizza, either! They're lucky if they get one bowl of rice a day! And even more of a treat if there's a fish head garnishing the top! Sure, they could probably eat pizza and not land in the commode room like I would for the entire next week. But the fact is, most of them will probably never even taste pizza, let alone know what it is. At least I can make pizza.

The Lord has blessed me abundantly in this country. He has truly given me everything: salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ; freedom; air conditioning and heating; abundant food; more than enough clothing; a wonderful marriage and family; plenty of allergy free foods; and the list goes on. Let's thank the Lord today for what we do have rather than complaining about what we don't have!

Happy Blessing Counting!

No comments: