Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mmmmm, Spaghetti!


O.K., so I have not a shred of Italian in me. In fact, I'm practically pure Scottish, with a bit of Polish and German blended in for kick. But, I must confess, I have a weakness for Italian dishes.

The Celiac may think that their days of polishing off the pasta are gone, but that is so, so wrong! And the Lactose Intolerant must imagine that their days of creamy white sauces are history. Equally as wrong.

As often happens in my household, I formulated a delicious recipe this evening purely by accident. My family was silent while eating, which means they were enjoying their meal. At last, when the forks were set down, they proclaimed it absolutely delightful.

So, here it is; no fancy name. I'll just refer to it as (cue the bagpipes):


Pasta Dish By a Scotswoman - how's that?


3 Links of sausage, such as Al Fresco Garlic Chicken Sausage, cubed and skinned

1/2 - 1 cup mushrooms, diced

1/3 - 1/2 cup sliced black olives

Add other vegetables, such as peppers and onions.

Saute' the above ingredients in a large skillet. Then add:

16 oz Pacific Chicken Broth; bring to a boil

Whisk together 1/3 cup cornstarch and enough Original Rice Dream (or broth if you don't want a white sauce). Add to boiling broth to thicken. Whisk until sauce is a gravy consistency - add more cornstarch mixture if necessary.

Serve over one 12 oz pkg. Tinkyada Spinach Style Spaghetti, cooked and drained.



Next time: Everyone's Favorite Red Spaghetti Sauce



Happy Noodle Slurpin'!


No comments: