Thursday, March 11, 2010

Golly, But I Do Have One Smart Husband!


I've become somewhat of an 'Allergy Guru' in my neck of the woods. I don't really know how it happened.....I can't eat anything. Well, I can still drink coffee and eat dairy free chocolate, which is all that really matters, but still....

On average, I find I receive at least one request a week from folks who know someone or someone who has a friend or someone who has a child - you get the picture - who just got the dreaded diagnosis of food allergies.

Knowing just how hard, discouraging, maddening and plain old confusing it can be to figure the whole darned thing out, I like to help people by sending them emails with tips, hints and recipes for their 'new life'.

After the umpteenth time of doing this yesterday, my husband said, "You know, you should just post all of this on your blog and refer people to that. Then they can send you questions via your comments section."

I blinked. I looked at him. I forgot I had a blog.

So! On the encouragement of my brilliant man (that's why he makes the big bucks and I make the pancakes), I am going to do just what he suggested.

The next few postings will contain web links, places to shop, foods to avoid, restaurants to dine at and, of course, recipes.

It is my prayer that this site will be a helpful spot for those deer-in-the-headlights people who don't have the faintest idea how to begin their new food life.

Believe me. I know how it feels. Because I am a Food Freak, too!


Happy Food Adventures!

1 comment:

Mr. Rohmance said...

Thank you for putting so much effort into helping others deal with these issues. You are the smart one.