Saturday, June 26, 2010

I'll Take 'Biscuits' For 100, Alex


I have been playing a game I like to call 'Biscuit Jeopardy' for several years now. Although I was raised in the Pacific Northwest and not anywhere near the south, I am a biscuit lover through and through. And I just. can't. make. gluten. free. biscuits. THAT TASTE RIGHT!

Until now.

Using the flour recipe in my previous post, I made, quite frankly, the most wonderful biscuits I have tasted in a long, long time. Even my non-freak food eating family members wanted more, more, more!

They are not light and fluffy, but rather substantial and filling. And they taste amazing.

The best part? They don't use any shortening, butter or margarine.

Ready to bake? Here is the recipe for some awesome biscuits!

2 cups gluten free flour (preferably the mix in my previous post, but any will do)

1 Tb baking powder

1 tsp salt

1/3 cup extra light olive oil

2/3 cup almond milk (or your choice of milk)

Preheat oven to 425.

Mix all dry ingredients, then add olive oil and almond milk. Gradually add up to a 1/3 cup more milk to get a dough that is not wet, but a little on the sticky side. Using an ice cream scoop, place equal amounts on a baking sheet (a baking stone is preferred). Bake biscuits for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve warm with fruit spread or honey.


Happy biscuits and gravy!

1 comment:

Tammi Kibler @keenonquinoa said...

This recipe looks amazing, I bet the biscuits are delicious. I will have to find all the ingredients for the flour.