Sunday, March 27, 2011

Like a Little Coffee With Your Creamer? Never Fear...



Given up on your morning cup because you just can't put that creamy, dairy goodness called 'International Somethingoranother' in your joe? Well, I am here to save the day. Yes I am.

I posted something similar a few years ago. And if I were technologically savvy, I would have put the link to that post under the words of the last sentence. But I'm not savvy that way.

But coffee is such an important subject that it bears repeating. At least every six months. If not more. Which makes it just as important as your dental checkups. Even though your dentist would disagree.

But I digress...

With a few simple steps and ingredients, you can get dairy free coffee house coffee without the ninety billion dollar price tag. So I exaggerated by a few bucks. It seems that expensive anyway.

All you need to do is this:

Get your favorite milk substitute. Mine is Silk Almond Milk - Vanilla.

Grab your Magic Bullet. If you don't have one - BUY ONE!

Or a blender will do. But not as nicely.

Fill your Magic Bullet blending cup (I use the one without the handle) to the first line with your almond milk
(or coconut milk or whatever you like to use). Add sweetener if you want. But I think that is just wrong.

Microwave for one minute. REMOVE FROM MICROWAVE (that's really important).

Pour hot, freshly brewed coffee into the heated 'milk' until the combination reaches the top line. Not the top. Just the top line.

Secure the blending attachment with the four blades.

Invert and blend for eight seconds. Exactly. Eight. Seconds.

Turn right side up again and let all that frothy yumminess come to the top.
Unscrew the lid and pour your delicious cup of heaven into your favorite large mug.

Trust me. You will now have a truly decadent cup of coffee house coffee, dairy free and without any risk of cross-contamination.


Happy Caffeinating!


1 comment:

Maria said...

Great idea who can live without coffee and about a lb of sugar a day!