Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Summer Wraps!

No, no, no...I did not mean this kind of summer wrap:


Although, if you eat too much of a good thing, you just might need one over your swimsuit.

But I digress...

When I said 'Summer Wraps', THESE were the kind I was referring to:


Thanks to the folks over at Food for Life, you can now make a healthy, yummy wrap to enjoy and savor. I found these located in the freezer at my local Fred Meyer health food department.

With them, I can make all kinds of yummy things.

But my favorite is my very own wrap.

And here we go:

Summertime Wraps

1 Food for Life GF Tortilla (it helps to microwave it for about 10 seconds for pliability)
1/2 avacado, mashed
2 leaves green leaf or romaine lettuce
2 tomato slices
2-3 slices lunchmeat, such as Oscar Mayer Naturals
A sprinkle of Daiya 'cheese'

Layer all ingredients down the middle of warmed tortilla.
Wrap and devour!

You will notice this recipe contains no dairy, eggs (we replaced the mayo with 'good fat' avacado), soy, wheat, gluten or other nasty little allergens.

It is also good with sprouts and olives if you're feeling a bit more crunch and pizzaz are in order.

And if you CAN have mayo but decide to make it my way by replacing it with the avacado, you could probably just go ahead and ditch that first wrap we talked about. 

So what are you waiting for? You know you want one...



Happy Wrapping it Up!

No comments: