Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Doughnuts!!! No eggs, dairy, gluten, corn, soy or yeast. But FULL of Deliciousness!

I made these babies yesterday.


And let me tell ya....they are divine!

I even had a 'non allergy' friend partake and she declared them delicious!

Wanna know how to make your own?

Then let's start, shall we?

Your Ingredients:

2 cups of gluten free or regular flour (see recipe link at top of my page)

3/4 cup sugar

2 tsp baking powder

1/3 cup baker's cocoa (I used Hershey's Special Dark) for chocolate. (omit if not wanting chocolate)

(For vanilla you may add 1/4 tsp cinnamon)

3/4 cup milk (I used unsweetened almond)

4 Tbs plain applesauce (or 2 eggs)

1 tsp vanilla

2 Tbs. melted Soy Free Earth Balance (or melted butter)

Powdered sugar for garnish

Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Next, add the milk, applesauce, vanilla and Earth Balance.

I doubled my ingredients, which is why the following picture looks like more volume than the above measurements will yield.


Blend all ingredients well. If the dough is really dry or the consistency of play dough, you will want to add more milk. Add just enough to get the consistency of thick waffle batter.

Next, you will need to grease your pans and preheat the oven to 425*F.

My dear mother sent me these pans. They are made by Wilton and sold through stores like Bed, Bath and Beyond (we call them Bad Breath and Beyond).



Fill your doughnut pans 2/3 of the way full. This takes a little patience, as you need a small spatula to spread the dough evenly.

Once they are all filled, bake for 9 minutes. Not 7, not 8, not 10, but NINE. Exactly nine minutes.

Remove the baked doughnuts from the oven and place on a wire rack. Let them cool for five minutes before turning them onto the rack.

These here are the vanilla variety.


Once they have been flipped onto the rack and cooled considerably, use a small, hand held strainer to shake the powdered sugar over the tops:


Which means you can make cool designs like these that look like flying saucers landed on your counter tops. Then you can send them to the National Inquierer.


The doughnuts are best when allowed to cool for at least 30 minutes. If you can wait that long!

Store your doughnuts in a sealed container in the fridge.


 My personal favorites were the chocolate variety.

They tasted like fresh from the bakery treats!



Happy Eating Things Everyone Else Gets To!

Currently sharing this post with The Tasty Alternative.

21 comments:

Tiffany said...

Don't forget who your friends you are and I know charity is one of your strengths : - )

Amber said...

WOW! Great recipe! I love your ingredients here. Coconut sugar would also work well I'm sure! Really great job!!

Thank you for sharing your recipe on AFW! Be sure to check back next week for reader favorites and hostess picks.

Be Well,
--AFW Hostesses

The Freak Food Gourmet said...

Thank you! I am so happy to have found your blog!

Pam said...

Those look so good, I could just grab one through the computer screen and enjoy with coffee! Thank you! :) p.s. maybe another one....he he!

Edissa Inspirational Art said...

Ah! My kids are indebited to you, lol! they haven't had a doughnut in 4 YEARS! Thank you time infinity!

Gaurav Gupta said...

oh thank you very much :)! i wanted to make them easily and with simple ingredients but i couldn't find them anywhere but this website. today is my birthday and i wanted to make something special besides cake :)

Anonymous said...

You are so cool! I don't believe I've truly read a single
thing like that before. So wonderful to discover somebody with some genuine thoughts on this topic.
Really.. many thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that's needed on the web, someone with a bit of originality!
My web page ; www.yourtobaccosstore.com

Anonymous said...

Very energetic post, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be a
part 2?
my site > borkum riff tobacco

Anonymous said...

Every weekend i used to visit this site, as i wish for enjoyment, since this
this site conations actually good funny material too.
My blog :: golden virginia tobacco

Anonymous said...

It's very straightforward to find out any topic on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this post at this site.
Also see my web site - http://propertyinturkeyforsale.net/property-alanya/

Anonymous said...

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I
think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad
for me. I'm looking forward for your next post, I will try to get the hang of it!
My blog post ... immobilien kaufen Antalya

Anonymous said...

I loved as much as you'll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come further formerly again as exactly the same nearly very often inside case you shield this hike.
Take a look at my website Oba Alanya

Anonymous said...

An Xbox Live membership allows you to take benefit from all the contents on the Xbox website in addition to your
gaming console. This isn't anything new to the "Silver" accounts, though. Whatever it may be, it's definitely working
right now, so if you want to take advantage of it,
now is the time.

Stop by my blog :: free xbox live

Anonymous said...


Thanks for the purpose of furnishing this kind of well put together content.
i SUCK i KNOW

Anonymous said...

Stretch marks are formed when fibroblasts are somehow restricted and skin vitality is not
ok. Article Source: tested cream is a inexpensive and fast way to remove cellulite.
Vichy is a very popular company in the European market.



my blog :: Cellulite treatment

Anonymous said...

Home mole removal can work well for those who have moles that bother them as long as the are not a typical moles.
Individuals who have suffered with acne look forward to the
day when they can look in the mirror and see skin that is pimple and
blemish-free. Chocolate and junk foods are often blamed for the cause
of acne.

Here is my site Wart Removal

Anonymous said...

Apparently, the duct tape, or any other tape, suffocates the wart as it cuts off oxygen
and alloww the body's immune system to kill the wart. Once your mole is dry, cut a piece of duct tape three times the size of the mole. Others think tanning and sunning themselves will dry up their skin and pimples to eliminate their acne.

Visit my webpage - how to get rid of acne

Anonymous said...

Remedies 1 and 4 are certainly my preferred ones. Who knew that eating some of my
favorite foods could actually help my teeth as very good as any toothbrush or mouthwash?


my web blog: dental pro 7 amazon

Anonymous said...

I live in Dallas. Even though there are practically
20,000 much more males within this city than females, this figure is really a bit deceptive.
There is a high quantity of gay males, and also immigrant
workers, who skew the numbers. All the places around the record seem to be massive cities
that possibly have related kinds of populations. If you're just hunting to get a wonderful place to celebration then it's great.
If you are looking to get a boyfriend or spouse, you'll be unhappy.

Look at my blog :: female mind mastery review

Anonymous said...

Aw, this was a very nice post. Finding the time and actual
effort to generate a superb article… but what can I say… I procrastinate
a whole lot and never seem to get nearly anything done.



Also visit my page - http://thefatlossshangout.blogspot.com/2013/05/fat-loss-factor-review.html

Anonymous said...

Would you mind if I publish your recipe on Mark's Daily Apple like a full blog submit?

Here is my homepage Healthy Cooking cookbooks