Thursday, February 23, 2012

Hot Chocolate? Heck, Yes!!!

I love chocolate.

I love chocolate chips, chocolate bars, chocolate coffee (ESPECIALLY that), chocolate ice cream...

I love chocolate!

And I really love a nice, creamy cup of hot chocolate.

Ready to learn how to make your own?

Let's go.

First, if you don't own one of these...



....then you really need to. It is essential if you are a food freak.

Next, grab ya a carton of this:

I prefer the unsweetened original.

Or you may use any other milk, even cow's!

Next you'll want to get yourself a can of baker's cocoa (I like Hershey's), vanilla and agave (or sugar).

Now you're ready to make one wonderful cup of hot chocolate.

Homemade Hot Chocolate

1 cup almond (or other) milk
2 Tb agave (or sugar) or to taste
1 Tb baker's cocoa (I used Hershey's Special Dark)
1/4 tsp vanilla

Fill a Magic Bullet blender cup with milk. Microwave for 2 minutes (or if you prefer, heat milk in a small saucepot on the stove before pouring it into your Bullet cup).
Next, add the cocoa, agave and vanilla.
Screw on the four bladed attachment.
Give it a ten second whirl.
Let hot chocolate sit for about thirty seconds.
Pour into your mug and prepare for takeoff.



Happy Chocolaty Treats!

1 comment:

Jolene said...

I will so have to try this one! Thanks for all the yumminess you spread!