Saturday, June 23, 2012

Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce - Like a Boss!

**There is now an easier to follow recipe at my new website: CLICK HERE

::Before we begin, I will make a disclaimer. I am a computer dunderhead. Which explains some of the weird, funky highlights in the post below. I have no idea how they got there, I have no idea how to make them go away. So please ignore them. I cook better than I compute. Thanks!::

So, I cannot take all the credit for this baby as it was my hubby who actually came up with the idea and made the first batch we ever ate.

But the following is all mine, lest you think I am plagiarizing or something silly like that.

You will love me for how easy and simple it is.

Or you might just like me, but that's fine too.

Oh, and if you don't like seafood, I'm cool with that.

You're weird, but I'm cool.

Simply serve sans the seafood or with any other meat you would like to be involved in this Alfredo relationship.

So first, get yourself some allergy free bacon, such as:


Fry up half the package in a skillet.

Remove and drain on a towel when the bacon is nice and crispy. When it is cool, crumble it all up.

Drain *most* of the grease and reserve just enough to saute' mushrooms.

Next, add your mushrooms to all that bacony goodness.



Then, add about 1/2 cup of burgundy cooking wine to the skillet. This is optional for those who either cannot tolerate the ingredients or just don't realize that there is hardly any alcohol in cooking wine and whatever is there simply cooks off anyway *inhale!*.



Chop up some green onions and throw them in there too. Do not cover the skillet at any time. Let those shrooms absorb as much of that liquid as possible and stir up those bacony bits into it also.



The next part is of your choice of meats. Since I was making this for my hubby, he requested shrimp, crawfish, (which he affectionately refers to as 'sea bugs'. Nice.) bacon and ham. I always rinse, thaw and drain my seafood first. You may add whatever protein you want here at this point.





Saute' all the meats (except for the draining bacon) until they are heated through and/or cooked. I also added ham (Hormel Naturals). Drain off the liquid (toss it!) and transfer the meats/shrooms/onions and bacon into a bowl. 


Cover the bowl with foil to keep the meat warm.

Next, you will need Original UNSWEETENED almond milk. (If you are allergic to almonds, use the best unsweetened original milk product you have.) You will also need Earth Balance spread and one package of Daiya cheese substitute.




Melt 1/4 cup Earth Balance in the skillet with one to two cloves of minced garlic and a shake or two of pepper.


 Then add 1 1/2 cups of the almond milk. Heat the mixture for a few minutes on medium heat.


Then add the entire package of Daiya. See how liquidy it is? Never fear! It will thicken. I promise.


Now it is the waiting game. You will need to stir, stir, stir your milky, cheesy, Earth Balancy mess. I use a slotted spatula so I can squish all the cheese down as it melts and scrape the bottom of the skillet.. Keep it on medium heat.


Keep stirring until the mixture thickens.

At this point, turn your heat down to medium low (or low if your range runs hot) just so that the cheesy mixture bubbles. Your cheese will be almost melted.

Once the cheese is melted, add your meats back to the sauce.


Keep it on low until ready to serve, stirring every few minutes.

Cook up some allergy free pasta.



And serve your yummy sauce over the top of it.


And then be speechless because it is so amazingly yummy!


Dairy Free Alfredo Sauce

1/4 cup Earth Balance Spread
1 1/2 cups Original Unsweetened almond milk
1 Package Daiya Mozzarella Shreds
1-2 cloves garlic
Pepper


Meats and Such for the Sauce

1/2 package allergy free bacon (such as Hormel Naturals)
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup cooking wine
Any amount of the following:
Green onions
Crawfish, thawed
Shrimp, thawed
Diced Ham (such as Hormel Naturals)

Currently sharing with The Tasty Alternative!

Happy Indulging!

11 comments:

The Freak Food Gourmet said...

Testing for comments

rustlinguprecipes said...

Yum! Looking forward to making your DF Alfredo Sauce the next time we have GF pasta.

Anonymous said...

This was good. We enjoyed it. Thanks!

Cynthia Hindermann said...

I made this last night, just happened to be searching for alfredo recipes. This is fantastic, best DF alfredo sauce I've made Will stick with it. Thank you so much my niece who is DF also enjoyed it.

Cynthia Hindermann said...

I made this last night, just happened to be searching for alfredo recipes. This is fantastic, best DF alfredo sauce I've made Will stick with it. Thank you so much my niece who is DF also enjoyed it.

Edissa Inspirational Art said...

WOW! I have been looking for a "base" recipe for a creamy sauce that was GF, DF and Yeast Free....Thanks for sharing this, will be using the sauce in place of alfredo sauce for Shrimp Alfredo Linguini (*sp) Bless your heart!

The Freak Food Gourmet said...

You are all so welcome! I'm afraid that due to some 'technical difficulties' I miss out on your comments! Please be sure to visit my new website over on Wordpress at:
http://thefreakfoodgourmet.wordpress.com/

Anonymous said...

Расскажите вы сами написали сиречь позаимствовали у кого то, ежели сами то это довольно интересное вывод [url=http://tutledy.ru/sovmestimost-s-muzhchinoy/90-sovmestimost-muzhchina-lev-zhenshchina-lev.html]совместимость мужчина лев женщина лев[/url]

Sewer Repair Baltimore MD said...

This is fantastic, best DF alfredo sauce I've made Will stick with it.
Clogged Drain Baltimore

Anonymous said...

I do trust all of the ideas you've presented for your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Still, the posts are too brief for novices. Could you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

Feel free to surf to my weblog ... Green Coffee Cleanse Diets

Raniya Sheikh said...

Its looks great..

Pakistani restaurants in Manchester